Friday, January 30, 2009

TGIF!

THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY b/c I am pretty much feeling not motivated AT ALL to do anything up here! I think I may leave around noon b/c there's not really much to do. I am SO ready for the weekend! However, I don't think I'll be able to be very productive because Hubby's cousins are coming to stay with us this weekend b/c Jason has his hearing w/ the stoopid motorcycle guy on Monday. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a recap:
On my birthday in 2007, my friend and I were going to get our nails done before my Bachelorette/Birthday party later that night (I was leaving 2 days later for Vegas to get hitched!) and we convinced the Hub and his cousin (who lived with us at the time) to go with us to get their dirty-man nails purdy-fied for the wedding, so all 4 of us piled into Tay's truck and Jason drove b/c it was my birthday so the rest of us had been drinking (Jason was too little) and we left. Then I discovered that I didn't have my camera and that the momentous metro-sexual moment needed to be documented, so I told Jason to turn on the next street and go back to the house (we hadn't gotten but to the street in front of our house). So, he obliged, turning on his left blinker and started to turn, ::cue weird thud/crash noise::. We all looked around and were like "What the heck was that?!" then all you see is a tumbling mass of person and motorcycle and dirt. My BFF and hubby jumped out of the truck to go check on the dude. Jason and I stayed in the truck, not knowing what the heck to do--actually, I'm pretty sure we were just frozen stuck there. ANYWAY! The moral of this story is, the dumb kid was speeding down this tiny road and trying to pass us on the left, as we were turning left and laid his bike into the front left tire of the turck and proceded to tumble into the ditch, stickers poking into his un-helmeted head & he broke his wrist, some ribs, maybe some other stuff AND got a ticket for failing to pass safely or some crap like that and has been trying to sue my husband's insurance and my "cousin in-law" for something like mental anguish, disability, and some other BS. It's really lame. OH! And I myspace-stalked this dude, and turns out he's trying to get into the Police Academy here. That's who I want enforcing the laws! RIIIIIIIIGHT!

So, Jason has to show up for some hearing on Monday, to basically say the guy is dumb and he's not going to get anything. But we'll see. I kinda wanna go so I can see the dude and tell him he ruined my 21st birthday b/c NOT ONY did we not get to go get our nails done that day but I GOT ATTACKED BY ANTS while we were waiting the hour and a half for the DPS to show up!! (And we only live about 1/3 of a mile outside the city limits! For goodness sake, the police dept. showed up LOOONG before they did)! BAH!

Anyway! So I'm playing hostess this weekend and I pretty much don't want to but oh well. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just Jason, but he's bringing his cousin, who I don't think has ever even been to Texas (she's an interesting gal, BTW, so I won't really be trying for "hostess of the year" or anything like that, b/c I'm pretty sure it wouldn't really matter to her...)

So yeah..... That's pretty much it, I'm gonna go get some random stuff done before I go so it looks like I did something productive today!
ADIOS! :)

No comments: