After it was almost 80 degrees outside yesterday, my hopes for a pleasant rest of the winter were dashed today when I walked out to my truck and it was 22 degrees with a windchill of 12! BOOOOO!!
Also, booo to my work's firewall for not letting my playlist play on here! I'm pretty sure I will go into a music-less coma if it doesn't start working! My itunes is working, but those songs might put me to sleep because over half of them are Celine Dion. No offense Celine, I love your guts, but you alone are not going to get me through this Monday! Today, it's just me and another lady in the office, and The Boss Lady is in meetings all day, so there's not really much to do... Thus the need for some snappy music!
I apologize for my lack of blogging this weekend, but I was actually being productive (GASP!). It was kinda chilly Saturday, so the hubby and I just hung out at the house in the morning, then in the afternoon we went and ran a couple of errands (he even went with me to the Fabric store!!!WHOA!) and Saturday night we hung out some more and I did a couple of loads of laundry and cut out fabric for some burp cloths.
Yesterday was

GREAT! I made 25 BURP CLOTHS! (This pic is what was left after I took a load of them to the Crap Mall) I was a sewing machine! (Haha! Get it?!?!) The hub thought I was going to sew my hand onto one of those things I was zooming through them! I was pretty stinkin' proud of myself! Taylor went to the grocery store (YAY!) then grilled some chicken for fajitas outside and enjoyed the nice weather with the dogs while I was sewing, but I had the sliding glass door open so I could partake in the nice weather too!
IN OTHER GOOD NEWS!!!!! My BFF Allison just texted me, and WE'RE GOING TO CABO!!!!! I called her last week to address the issue of us needing to go on a girls trip and we quickly decided that since she's already going to New York next month, everywhere else we wanted to go, our hubby's would want to go too, so we were stuck. But her parents have a time share in Cabo and they aren't going to be able to use it until christmas, so they're letting us use it! WOOOOHOOO! So we are tenatively going to go in August. The summer is a busy time for her and her hubby (he's a Youth Minister in Artesia) and they're also in the process of exploring other opportunities to minister (as in, Texas or Oklahoma). And that's a good time for us as well because Taylor will be done with his welding stuff and I will have accumulated enough vacation days. So now I REALLY have some motivation to lose weight! Bikini body here I come!!!
This is the place \/


WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! I'M SO STINKING EXCITED!!!! :D
Okay, so moving right along... (I guess going 2 days without blogging makes for a long post!) If any of you have read my very first post on this blog, you would see that I inteded on making a 101/1001 list. What is a 101/1001 list you may ask? Well, I had to hijack another blog's explanation of it, b/c mine just wouldn't adequately describe it, hard to believe, I know :)
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past — frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Goal setting tips
Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
Stay Focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
I'm cheating and I "technically" started last Monday (when I went on my diet, and started running) but I'm still workin on populating the list, so I'll post that whenever it's finished.
But here's the fun part: I'm challenging all 3 of my readers (that means YOU Ally! It will give you an excuse to actually blog!) to make a 101/1001 list and DO IT! Post the list and I will keep up with you! K? K! Good luck! :)
1 comment:
soo am i supposed to do the list like you did? "because..."
sounds like fun. maybe i will :)
by the way, i've written many (ok a few) lately but i just never finish them to post them! i only have internet at work!
Post a Comment