Sunday, November 2, 2008

WOOO HOOO TECH!!!!

Soooo....



I am EXTREMELY tired! Why you ask? Well, because Friday night, we (me, Tay, and his friend Brian) went to take some stuff up to the tailgate and hang out but after walking around and going to look at the ESPN College Game Day set up, the boys got the wonderful idea that we should camp out at school so we could get up early and get in line so that we could get into the area set up for Game Day. So - that's what we did. (But not before we could go home and gather supplies!). So, to make a long story short, at about 2:30am Saturday morning we finally situated our little sleep set-up in the truck. We then woke up at 5:30am and walked from the parking lot we were in to the engineering key where they had the stage set up. We were just hanging around in the dark with a bunch (and when I say bunch I mean about 1,000 - and this was just the ones I could see, not including the ones that were around the corner of Holden Hall) of other crazy Tech fans waiting to get in and about half an hour into our venture, Taylor starts telling me that he's hungry and that I should go get us food (YEAH RIGHT!!) then at about 6:15-ish, some Game Day people started walking around handing out HOT Chick-fil-a chicken sandwiches!!! IMAGINE THAT! Then at 7 am the line started moving! We finally got in at about 7:30am which then led to another hour and a half of standing around before Game Day actually started (but they taped a couple of Sports Center segments and Corso would talk to everybody and mess around in between, so that made the time go by a little quicker). Then the actual broadcast started at 9am and lasted until 11am. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! (Even though my legs were already tired from the 6 hours of standing up I had already done and it wasn't even noon!) So we went back to the truck, got our game faces on, and headed to the tailgate til 6pm and then headed up to the stadium and the game started at 7:00pm.


SOOOOO THENNNNN, in case you didn't know, we proceded to BEAT THE NUMBER 1 UT (who is now number 4, and we are NUMBER 2!!!). Yup! I would go into detail, but most of all of you who read this (hopefully) know what happened. But I will just say I think I had an anxiety attack there at the end!


OH! And Matthew McConaughey was there, as hot as he is, if he didn't want to be subject to the home crowd (students) booing him, he should have been holed up in a suite, that's just my opinion.


So yeah, then today we gained an hour, so that was cool I guess, and I didn't woke up relatively early at 9:30 (depeding on how you look at it) then we all (Taylor, Me, Brian and Michelle) hung around and went to eat at Ruby Tequilas at 11. Then they left and the rest of my day has been consumed by cleaning house, doing laundry and ironing, but I did manage to upload my pictures from yesterday so here ya go...



It's dark at 6:00 in the morning!




One of my favorite signs, it said "Graham's My Favorite Gracker"



The sun decided it would come out and play!





There were LOTS of signs!




View of the set from the huge screen they had set up.




Bobby Knight telling the College Game Day boys how it is :)




I'm pretty sure this is right after Bobby Knight said of his TTU pick "I hope we beat their @$$"




Corso making his pick -- Putting on the RAIDER RED head!!!




GUNS UP CORSO!




One for the road.






Ready for kickoff...




WE WIN A LOT!




Me and the hubby


(please excuse the funny face/baggy eyes, I was trying to tell the girl how to work my camera and had slept 5 hours out of the past 48)






Now it's night night time! :)

No comments: