Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Being a slacker as usual!

I haven't blogged in FOR-EVER! So here ya go! :)


The end!


Okay! Just kidding. Sooooo! Nothing really eventful has happened recently. We did go to Midland last weekend to help Taylor's parents put up their Christmas stuff since Tay's dad tore his Achilles tendon and is laid up for a while. So I mainly just played with Hannah and Wyatt (since that's what I do best) and did a little bit of shopping! I did happen to find out that while I was there, a "friend" of mine's dad was shot and killed while at Whataburger. I say "friend" because we don't really have any contact nowadays, but growing up (and again at MCS) we played softball together and her dad was actually our coach at one point in time, it's just a sad deal. I just can't imagine what they are going through, and I hope I never have to, but it makes you think about what you have and what would happen if that were taken away from you. I even saw her do a news segment I watched online, and it made me cry. It's just very, very sad.



Anyway! I can't keep thinking about that... OH! Yesterday! I went and put a BUNCH of stuff in our booth at KK's. It makes the first pic I posted on here of our booth look SUPER lame!!! K! Ready for this?


......






I seriously thought I wasn't going to have enough room to put all of my stuff! Cristin brought 2 more of her canvases (but they won't last past this weekend, I guaruntee it because those things sell like hot cakes!), luckily I had painted a couple of pieces of wood to use for shelves, so that worked out nicely. but I still need at least 3 more so that I will have more space. I'm also glad that we had enough that I could block out the lady's booth next to us, because she always puts stuff on our ledge and it's really annoying! I still need to make at least 3 different kinds of taggie blankets, and 2 wipee cases, and I wish I could do it before the weekend but I know it's not going to happen. Sis is going to Cali through the weekend for a conference, so I've been charged with dropping by and making sure the booth is orderly for the weekend. I don't know if I can handle that much responsibility but I guess I'll just have to do my darndest!


Anywho! Now that you know all of the wonderfully boring things about my booth, what else can I blog about???? OH! The hub and I might get tickets to the Tech/OU game in Norman this weekend, so that could be exciting! I put in for our bowl tickets to whichever one we make it to, so I've been pricing plane tickets and stuff :-/ Let's just say I'm hoping that Santa brings me some southwest giftcards!!!


I started putting out my Christmas stuff yesterday and brought out my box of ornaments, but am holding off putting the garland, stockings and christmas tree up until this weekend (if I dont go to the game). I just want to be in the christmas state of mind when I do it, and it doing so requires at least 50 degree weather, if not cooler! And christmas music! Definitely christmas music!


And that's about it. I figure I won't blog until next week because I have stuff I should be doing until then, and next week is a short week what with Thanksgiving and all, so I must be productive both at work and here at the casa! So!



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


Psalm 107:1 ~ "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

No comments: