Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yaaay for FALL!!!

Today is OFFICIALLY the first FULL day of fall!!! Yaaay! I love fall! Even though West Texas has fall weather for all of about 3 weeks, then it's full-steam ahead to winter-time cold! But I will enjoy it anyway!

Fall also means that my favorite sport (to watch) is in full swing!!! FOOTBALL!!! My Cowboys are now 3-0 in regular season play, and my Red Raiders are 4-0. This week is a bye week for Tech, and then won't have another home game 'til October 11th when they open up Big 12 play against K-State! The 'Boys play the Redskins on Sunday afternoon so I'll get to just hang out at the casa this weekend and watch all my football on TV with the hubby which should be nice and relaxing!

So yeah, I'm pretty sure Fall is my most FAVORITE season. Not to be confused of course with my most favorite TIME of year, which is of course, CHRISTMAS! The only problem is that I want to decorate my house fall-y now that it is all nice looking, but I never now how to decorate for Fall (and other than the beautimous wreath my sister and mom made for me, I have like, 2 pices of fall "decor"). And when I say FALL, I'm not including Halloween b/c I don't really do anything for Halloween other than Tay and I carve pumpkins every year, but no one comes to trick-0r-treat, so I figure there's no reason to decorate for it... ANYWAY! I have come up with a solution to my fall-decorating dilemma! Ready? PILLOWS and CANDLES. Yes! You read correctly! I found the absolute CUTEST fall-looking pillows at Pier One and I figured I could replace the summer/springy ones that I have in my "nice living room" right now with fall ones, the same with the candle situation. And since my couch and chair-and-a-half are a uber-neutral Cream, it should work out perfectly!!! And then I can do the same with Christmas!! WOOOHOOO!!! :)


So, in an effort to start blogging more, I am starting my favorite thing(s) of the day. I'm going to TRY to post a favorite thing everyday in order to at least make an appearance on here and give you handful of people who read this thing something to entertain yourselves with! So, here ya go, the Innaugural TODAY'S FAVORITE THINGS: Fall Decor!!!












No comments: