Kudos to my hubby for being able to set up the timer on my camera!!! :)
As I sit here, home sick from work, on this very rainy day, I'm watching TV and see many images that I vividly recall seeing exactly 7 years ago. As for me, early that morning, I was carpooling with some girls from around my neighborhood and on the last pick up, one of them said something about a plane ran into a building in New York. I dismissed it as some puddle jumper that had accidently crashed into a building. But then we got to school, and I remember my 1st period English class teacher, Mrs. Dulin turning on the TV and for the rest of the class period, we all sat in silence, with the lights dimmed, glued to the TV. I remember when the 1st tower fell, many of us gasped, some managed to get out an "Oh my God..." and others just in shock, and then the 2nd tower went, it was something I'm sure no one will soon forget. Even when the bell rang to go to the next class, we all sat there, watching. I hope that those images remain with us forever and when we get frustrated going through airport security or get mad because another one of your friends or family has been called for deployment, we remember why...
No comments:
Post a Comment